WIC (Women, Infants and Children)

If you are pregnant, have just had a baby, or have a child under the age of 5, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) could be able to help you.


WIC provides nutrition education and healthy foods to:

Women who are pregnant, who are breastfeeding their babies, or who have given birth in the last six months.

Infants: Newborn to 12 months

Children: Age 1 to 5 years



Contact the WIC Program in your area or your county health department to see if you qualify.

Staff will:

Ask your identity and residence. You will be asked to show ID and proof of where you live.

Ask your household income to see if you meet income guidelines.

You will meet these if you show proof of any of these:

You receive KTAP, Food Stamps, or Medicaid, or

A pregnant woman or infant in your household receives Medicaid, or

A member of your household receives KTAP, or

Do a simple health and diet screening to see if you have a nutritional or health need.




NUTRITION EDUCATION- You will also get nutrition information to help you choose nutritious foods and improve your and your family’s health.

HEALTH CARE- WIC can help you find regular health care and childhood shots if needed.

BREASTFEEDING EDUCATION – The Bourbon County Health Department offers a Breast Feeding consultant to help you wilth all of your Breast Feeding Concerns. Contact Andrea Witte, RN, CLC at 859-987-1915 ext. 4106 or andreal.witte@ky.gov 


Healthy foods help children grow and develop normally.

Good nutrition helps to protect your whole family against health problems.

WIC helps your community by building strong, healthy families.

Call the Bourbon County Health Department 1-859-987-1915 or

1-800-462-6122 for information on WIC.


The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or

parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html , or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at

U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication,

1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.,

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov .

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

341 East Main Street, Paris KY

341 East Main Street, Paris, KY 40361

  • Phone: (859) 987-1915
  • Fax: (859) 987-3230

In lieu of publication, our approved budget can be viewed on the Department for Local Government (DLG) website.                 

Andrea Brown, MPH                                              Amanda Thornberry, DMD
Public Health Director                                          Board of Health Chairperson