HARM REDUCTION/SYRINGE EXCHANGE PROGRAM
What is Harm Reduction?
Harm reduction is a set of policies and practices intended to reduce the negative effects of drug use.
Syringe Exchange Program
The Bourbon County Health Department Syringe Exchange Program is a harm reduction strategy to help:
• Reduce the transition of HEP C and HIV
• Reduce overdose deaths
• Safe location to dispose of used needles
• Connection to counseling, treatment, and recovery
Participants of the Bourbon County Health Department Syringe Exchange Program will receive:
• Safe disposal of use syringes
• Narcan distribution and training
• Confidential testing for HEP C and HIV (optional)
• Hepatitis A vaccine (optional)
• Education on reducing harm when using intravenous drugs
• Counseling and treatment referral (if requested)
Hours of Operation:
Fridays from 1-4pm, Bourbon County Health Department
341 East Main Street, Paris, KY 40361
- Phone: (859) 987-1915
- Fax: (859) 987-3230
In lieu of publication, our approved budget can be viewed on the Department for Local Government (DLG) website.
Andrea Brown, MPH Amanda Thornberry, DMD
Public Health Director Board of Health Chairperson